We welcome referrals made through a solicitor, CAFCASS officer, family mediator or social worker. And we also accept self-referrals using the National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC) online Self-Referral System.
For referrals through third-party professional advisers
Our Referral Form and Guidelines for Referrers can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. There are two versions, one is editable in Microsoft Word format, the other is a PDF format that can be viewed on most devices and printed.
If you don’t have a third-party adviser to help you with your application for contact, we’d encourage you to use the National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC) online Self-Referral System.
How does it work?
You start by registering a username and password – after you log in you’ll be taken to the application form.
- you complete the application form online.
- if your application is suitable for a supported visit, you’ll be asked to pay a £20 registration fee.
- you then ask the person that the child or children live with to register and complete an online application via the website within 28 days. If they don’t complete within this time you’ll have to pay again to re-apply.
- if your applications are suitable for a supported visit, the Loughborough Child Contact Centre will be asked to set up your programme of contact visits.
Will the other person see my details?
- No – the other person involved will NOT have access to your contact details unless you specifically allow it. (You’ll be asked this on the form).
- The answers you give will NOT be shown to the other person involved in your application.
What do I need to complete the form?
- an email address to register.
- a credit or a debit card or a Paypal account to pay the £10 registration fee.
- either the postal address or the email address or the phone number of the person that the children are living with so that NACCC can contact them.
- the dates and details of any court proceedings about your child/children and any convictions that you have.
When you have all this information and are ready to make the application click on the Self Referral button below, this will take you to the NACCC website:
What happens next?
- once we have your Referral Form – from either your professional adviser or NACCC, our Co-ordinator will get in touch with both applicants to confirm the detailed arrangements for contact visits.
- if you’d like to visit the Loughborough Child Contact Centre before the start of contact visits, the Co-ordinator will arrange this.
- if either you or your former partner are at all concerned about meeting, the Co-ordinator will ensure that the child/children come and go without parents ever meeting.
- all the details of the programme of contact visits will be confirmed in writing to both parties by the Co-ordinator before the start of contact visits.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for please contact us through our contact us page.
Next: Contact Us